Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday january 17th/ Yikes!!!

I am not sure if it was due to the 3 day weekend or the volume of sick kids, but today was nuts in here. ( the little power outage this morning did not help)
We are seeing lots of strep throat.
There seems to be a high fever with a congested cough ( I think Viral)
The stomach bug is still very active. Warning Warning, quite of few of the parents are coming down with this one. ( also likely viral)
Many of the kids with the tummy bug also have an odd spotty rash.
I believe I am seeing some cases of slap cheek.
I know of at least one case of chicken pox out there

If something is viral, there is less of a chance that we can do anything other than assist you in offering supportive care.
With fussy kids we do like to listen to the lungs and look in their ears just to be sure.

With winter illnesses in full swing we appreciate your patience.
The wait for a phone call might be longer than usual.
Please let the front desk know if there is any urgency involved.
Although the schedule was full early on I have double booked a few patients who I felt needed to be seen. Of course that unfortunately makes the waits a bit longer for everyone and for that I apologize.

Winter is here..it got here right before the rain....
Judy

No comments: