Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday update/ next classes

I will be out of the office next week, so I am going to do a Friday update and will post again on the 12th.
This week we have seen a lot of strep throat.
I have some cases of hand foot mouth.
There is a cough that lingers for weeks.
RSV remains prevalent and we have had several babies hospitalized with it. ( they are doing okay)
We are finally seeing a slow down of the diarrhea, although some of the patients are having a hard time shaking it.
Typically with the diarrhea, they may be done with the virus but have a very sensitive and irritated gut. Time will fix this, but for those of you plagued with this, stay on the gentle non dairy diet, probiotics are helpful. Benefiber is also useful.

My illness class has 2 spots left. It will be held on March 21st at 7:45 pm
I just scheduled my next solid foods class..that will be March 21st ( Sat morning) at 10:00 am..reservations are needed. nursejudynvp@yahoo.com
have a healthy week
Judy

No comments: