Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday update may 7th/free car seat check

I hope all of you are enjoying the nice stretch of weather. Of course when that thermostat goes above 75 degrees, I know I am going to get calls about rashes. I have seen several types of rashes today. *Straight forward heat rash has the kids looking pretty rashy all over. It calms down within 24 hours once they have have been inside and cooled down. * Viral rashes, these come with or without fevers. I am still seeing hand foot mouth. As I mentioned last week some of the blisters are lasting several weeks. The kids have not been all that miserable. I am seeing a few cases of Slap cheek as well. *Eczema tends to flare up when kids are gorging on all these wonderful berries. This will be a dry red patchy rash that especially loves the insides of the elbows and the area behind the knees. The area right by the anus is often very red. We are seeing plenty of coughs and colds. There are a few cases of strep throat. I have heard reports that there may an odd strain of summer flu heading this way, but I haven't seen it. The city is offering a free child safety seat workshop to the first 25 folks who call. 581-2445 if you are interested. As your child grows it is always a great idea to have someone who knows what they are doing, check and make sure you are using the care seat correctly. stay Well, Judy

No comments: