Monday, November 5, 2012

November 6th update/ safety class this week

It doesn't seem quite as frantic this week.
We still have lots and lots of kids and families with the cough and cold.This has started with several days of low grade fevers. Once the fevers are gone, the dry cough hangs on for a few weeks.
I wish I had a magic wand for this. I would have the well family members take Zinc and Sambuccol lozenges to try to keep themselves healthy. I think those both work pretty well, but seem to be better at preventing than fixing.
Humidifiers at night are useful, but mostly this is one that time will fix. If we have fevers roaring back once they have been gone, or any labored breathing, please give a call.

Last week most of our sore throats were positive for strep, So far all tests this week have been negative.

I am seeing lots of little rashes and bug bites, I am sure that this gorgeous weather has something to do with that.

Do take your kids to the polls tomorrow and let them see you voting!!!

I have space available in my safety class on Wednesday evening. This class deals with basic first aid, head injuries, burns, poison, child proofing and choking rescue.
RSVP is required but you can sign up through the website www.nursejudy.com if you are interested.
Stay well
Judy

No comments: