Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday update march 18th

Today was tremendously busy. Our own little March Madness.
We are seeing a little bit of everything.
We even had a positive flu test in here today ( strain B)
The patient was  NOT vaccinated. Strain B is protected in this seasons flu shot, so if you did not get one, we still do have in stock.

We had several cases of strep throat reported from the weekend clinic.

Today many of my phone calls were kids with colds and lingering coughs.
We also have some kids still with a tummy bug.
Most of these have been very short vomiting/ diarrhea deals, but I have some kids with much longer lasting diarrhea.

If your child has loose stools that are lasting longer than a week I do want to see them. We will want to see how their weight is doing and make a decision about sending stool samples on to the lab for some testing.

There seems to be quite a bit of conjunctivitis floating around.

I have a couple kids with complaints of mouth sores..I am watching that closely to see if our old friend Hand/ Foot/ Mouth virus is starting back around again.

I will be out of the office next week.
 If anything exciting needs to be reports, I will have Charity or Jen chime in.

Over the last several months I have been adding posts about various topics.
Those are now all archived and easily accessible on www.nursejudynvp.blogspot.com
I will continue to update this blog most Monday's with the illness updates

have a healthy week

Nurse Judy

No comments: