Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9th Monday Update

This morning when I looked at my Monday pile of charts I knew that the slow season was over.

There were lots of  calls about fevers and coughs,
I had a few kids with vomiting and diarrhea.
There was one case of croup that ended up in the ER.
There is definitely some RSV around  (which will present as terrible congestion/ cough/fever)
I have some patients with hand foot mouth, and they report that their schools are sending out notices about it. I personally have not had tons of calls about this lately...but it is out there.

With the hot weather I also had the expected calls about heat rashes, bug bites and kids falling all over the place.

 Last week,we got in our first shipment of the "big kid" inject able flu vaccine.( I am getting my flu shot tomorrow!)
 We are still waiting for the infant doses that are for babies under the age of 3.
 Hopefully it will be here next week. I will post the information as soon as it arrives.


There is a recall out there for the Infant Motrin
http://www.motrin.com/infantnews?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Additional+Infants+Motrin+Recall&utm_term=infants%20motrin%20recall%202013&utm_content=Recall%7Cmkwid%7Cs7RY4Uqjk_dt%7Cpcrid%7C28191135124


Nothing dangerous, but do check any that you have to make sure you don't have the lot numbers in question.


Be well,
Nurse Judy

No comments: