Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7th

The nice weather seems to be helping out a bit and things are not quite as wild and crazy as they were last week.
At last weeks end we were seeing lots of strep throat and a viral fever that was lasting about 5 days.
Today we are still seeing that seeminly never ending cough. Two of our patients have pneumonia (although they are doing fine on antibiotics)
We saw one case of probable chicken pox ( we sure don't see that as much as we used to)
There is still some vomiting.
I thought I was starting to see some cases of slap cheek, but no more have surfaced yet today. I will let you know if I get more signs that it is starting to spread. (Dr Kaplan says she has actually seen quite a few cases, so I am guessing that it is here)

Our nvpedi email got spammed...and so if you were one of the lucky folks who got a free movie ticket offer from me this morning.. delete delete delete
Enjoy the dry weather
~Nurse Judy

No comments: