Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Weekly update September 16

Yesterday was so nutty in here that I didn't have even a moment to get to the blog until today.
We were booked and double booked. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Thank being said, there is nothing terribly alarming that I am seeing in our patient population.
As you can imagine we are getting plenty of calls about the alarming virus that is affecting folks in the Mid-West.
I am actually surprised that I haven't seen any whiffs of it at all.
We do have loads of kids with cold and coughs, but as I said last week, the parameters for when to bring your child in for an evaluation remain the same. If they seem to be having trouble breathing, get them seen!

This week I also have had a number of folks with a short bout of diarrhea/vomiting/ general tummy ache.

I also had a number of cases of pin worms and head lice ( not the same patient thank goodness, but groan none the less) Welcome to the "back to school" season.

Regarding the flu...we are experiencing a delay in getting the bulk of our vaccine. We have a few doses of shots for the babies in stock.
I am hoping that we will see the flu mist at least later this week.
I am now updating my Friday Emails with the status of the flu season, so if you are on the email list check, you can check there for updated info
(if you want to be added, just shoot me an email to nursejudynvp@gmail.com)

We may or may not be able to hold a Saturday clinic this month. It depends on our supply.
We fully expect to be well prepared to vaccinate everyone who needs it in October and luckily there doesn't seem to be any active Flu out there yet. It usually comes quite a bit later in the season.
I will keep the updates coming.

Stay well
~Judy

No comments: