Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekly update February 19th

We are seeing  a little bit of everything.
Most of the visits have been kids with the cough/cold/ fever.
We had a few new cases of flu last week but that is surely slowing down.

There seems to be more wheezing this week.
We are seeing lots of conjunctivitis and ear infections

There are some cases of tummy bugs. More kids seem to be vomiting with this. I haven't seen quite as much diarrhea.
Some of the vomiting kids had a one day high fever and then seem better.

There is some strep throat out there so if we have a fever that is lasting for more than a day, along with vomiting ( no diarrhea) I want to check them for strep.

BABY UPDATE:
Dr Anne is 37 weeks and counting. No babies yet. I will keep you in the loop.

NURSE JUDY CLASS UPDATE:

I have one spot left in my "managing your kids illnesses" class this Wednesday night.

My next "NEW BABY boot camp" is March 2nd ( Saturday morning)
I have room for 2 more couples.
That class is also great for folks on their second time around. It is easy to forget all that newborn stuff when you are used to a big kid who can tell you what's on their mind
For more info or to sign up for any classes email nursejudynvp@gmail.com

Stay well and warm!
Nurse Judy


No comments: