Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekly update december 22

Holiday hours this week are as follows:
 We are here with two docs working Monday and Tuesday all day.
We have 3 docs in Wednesday morning. We are closed in the afternoon.
 We are closed on Thursday and back for a full day on Friday with 2 docs.

I thought today might be mellow because of so many travelers, but I was WRONG.
The phones have been quite busy and there are a lot of sick kids (and parents) out there.
There are loads of ear infections for some reason!
We are also seeing lots of cough and colds. The kids with reactive airways are wheezing and the nebulizers have been humming along all day in all of the rooms.
We have a few loaners that we use to send home with folks for a couple of days and I am putting out a call to please return them.
 If you have a Noe Valley Nebulizer please email the nurse team nvpeds@gmail.com to let us know how you are doing and when you might be able to get it back to us.
If you need it for more than a few days, it may be worth getting you set up with one from Walgreens. This is usually covered by insurance and then you own it.

There is a tummy bug out there. I have a variety of kids with vomiting/ Tummy aches/ loose stools.

There are a bunch of kids with high fevers.
There is some Hand/Foot/ Mouth still circulating. It seems fairly mild.
I think I may be seeing Slap Cheek. I saw a few cases earlier in the month and then nothing, but I am suspicious that it is starting to be more wide spread

Happy Holidays to all.
Judy

No comments: