Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekly Update January 20th

I hope everyone had a nice 3 day weekend.
I apologize to anyone who had trouble reaching us this weekend or this morning.
 We have switched our computers and phone systems to a new server and we had some serious growing pains this morning with no voice mail and one of our incoming lines out of service.
 I think we are back to up and running, but I very much appreciate our patient patients!

There is a ton of stuff going around, but we had plenty of room to see anyone who wanted an appointment today, so that leads me to believe that for the most part folks are "dealing"
We are still seeing loads of Flu. The type that we are finding in our office test is type A. The flu shot didn't seem to block that one at all.
Other offices are also reporting type B. We haven't seen any of that, so it is possible that our vaccinated population is escaping that strain.
The Flu kids have congestion, aches and high fever. Some have considerable belly aches.
 We also seem to have a completely separate tummy bug making the rounds, loads of diarrha and vomiting kids.


Everyone is coughing. The colds go away and the coughs linger for a few more weeks.

I am also seeing croup. The kids wake up in the middle of the night sounding like a seal

Good hand washing everyone, I hope you all stay healthy. Check in as needed.
Judy

No comments: