Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday update June 11th

We are seeing a hodge podge of all sorts of stuff. Whenever the thermostat gets up there I know the heat rash calls are going to come in, and today didn't disappoint, I saw all kinds of rashes out there. The warm weather makes them all worse. Hand foot mouth isn't showing any signs of fading away. I am still talking to many new cases. Most of the kids have very mild forms of it, but the rashes come and go for a few weeks before they are done with it. I have seen lots and lots of kids with a fairly common cold, cough and fever. The fever has been lingering for about 4 days and is low grade. Any fever that lasts longer than that needs to be seen. Beware Beware the tummy bug is back. Mostly afflicted have been our older kids who are showing up with vomiting, diarrhea and tummy aches. This has lasted for several days. I have spoken today with more than one case of likely pin worms ( I know...yuck). If your child is waking up during the night with complains of Itchy or painful butt or vagina..pin worms are the likely culprit. Our schedule in the office has been very full. We struggle with trying to fit all the checkups and new born visits in while still keeping appointments open for your acute care needs. Please call as soon as possible to schedule any check ups. For the younger kids, it is always a good idea to make your next check up appointment when you are leaving the office and that way you will get a choice of times. For those of you who are having a tough time getting something set up I do appreciate your patience. If you have an issue that can't wait, give me a call and I can try to fit something in or schedule an acute care visit sooner. For those of you who saw the recent news story on vaccine storage. I am happy to report that we are in full compliance with the industry standards and check our Fridge temps twice daily Enjoy this weather while it lasts...hydrate..sunscreen etc Judy

No comments: